Thursday 24 October 2013

DIY: HOW TO OMBRE DYE HAIR.


Hey guys, how are you all doing? Hope you had a fantastic weekend just like i did. I pray this week will be awesomely good for us all. We'll see how it unfolds. :)

On to why we are here guys, this a long over due post, but I just had time to put it up. Thank goodness.
I love ombre effect hair so much, I have seen it in so many colours from blue to purple to pink to red and green. I also don't think it's a thing that would go out of fashion anytime soon even though it's been rinsed out.  I love the fact that it's so different and i decided to give it a try. I've had few clients that are scared to do this themselves but it's actually very easy to do and it's also cost effective. You can't go wrong with it really.

For this tutorial i used 4 bundles of Big Wave Brazilian hair courtesy of Sleektouch hair, I have used this hair like 4 times repeatedly and am very happy about it, it stays true to the curls and sheds a little. I also used it because i intend to straighten it out and put it in a pin up curls rather than a slightly tight curl. I was quite happy with the result, you can give it a try too.

Below are detailed pictures and illustration of what i used and how i did it.
Enjoy! and please comment, subscribe and ask any questions after.

I love to use the Jerome Russell Bblonde highlighting kit because it gives me a good result. It's salon quality and has all the essentials in it. I've tried the dark n  lovely dye but wasn't very pleased.

Now Let's start.

Mix the cream peroxide and bleach together and stir until it forms a complete blue paste. As shown in the  above picture.
I then began to apply the dye on the hair from about half way down using my relaxer brush, putting a little bit at the top to have the highlight in some other parts of the hair. (as displayed below)


I call this cooking time (lol)  I wrapped round the foil to make sure i get the full results and I left it for about 30 minutes. The timing depends on the effect and colour you want to achieve (follow the description on the box)


I use Tresemme colour revitalizing shampoo and conditioner. I love it because it's specifically made for colour treated hair. You can buy them from boots, Costco,super drug and possibly most pharmacy.

I use the soaking in a bath method to wash most of my hair, as this gives me enough room to wash all the colour and dirt off the hair. I then used a wide tooth comb to comb out the hair to get it back to it lustrous state.

My drying method is the airier method as this makes it dry faster. More also the blow drying method might completely straighten out the hair and you might not want that.

Below is the picture of the end result after drying. I love the fact that it went back to its normal curls.
For deets on this hair please leave a comment. It's Sleektouch Brazilian Big Wave hair. I also provide custom dying services as well as fitting at very affordable price

Thanks for stopping by. Have a fab day.:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Because they are obtainable for the with both men and women, you can make sure so that you can find their size

Feel free to surf to my web page ... nurses support stockings

Post a Comment